Below is a quick overview of what's new.
Cinema Intelligence stand alone app:
- Live Support Chat retired
- Analytics - Budgeting dashboard automatic refresh after budgeting generation is successfully completed.
- Analytics - Budgeting Profit Analysis dashboard per cinema
Features dedicated to Vista Film Manager users:
- Optimized Scheduling - Scheduling Generation queues implementation
- Forecasting - Territory management
Live Support Chat retired
We will retire Live Support chat feature from Cinema Intelligence. This includes the ? icon from the right side of the app. To get in contact with our Support team, you can e-mail email@example.com.
Chat option between users will continue to exist and collaboration with your colleagues is not impacted.
This change does not impact the Service Level Agreement and our commitment to support you in every way we can so you get the best of your Cinema Intelligence.
Analytics - Budgeting dashboard automatic refresh after budgeting generation is successfully completed
Business reason: refresh dashboard almost real time when a new budgeting scenario is ready. Before this release, you would have to wait until the next sharp hour (ex: 13:00) to view the latest scenario.
Analytics - Budgeting Profit Analysis dashboard per cinema
Business reason: Calculate profit per cinema using different assumptions per cinema. Before this release, assumptions were available per circuit.
How it works:
- Assumptions for income and cost calculation (except labor costs) will be extracted per cinema from an Excel file. The template will be provided to you by your CI Customer Success Manager to fill in.
- Labor costs are calculated based on job budgets - Assumptions will be extracted per cinema from an Excel file. The template will be provided to you by your CI Customer Success Manager to fill in. Same methodology of calculation as in Vista MovieTeam will be used for Daily staff hours.
Optimized Scheduling - Scheduling Generation queues implementation
Business reason: allowing multiple simultaneous day schedule generations on the same cinema AND multiple simultaneous day schedule generations on different cinemas of the same account. Before this release, generation requests would fail instantly if another generation was in progress. This feature applies only to Vista Film Manager users.
How it works: “first in first out”, all day generation requests are added to a queue and fulfilled once server is available to process request. Multiple servers can be set-up during busy periods (ex: on Monday 7 servers are enabled to allow 1 full week of schedules to be generated in the same time as 1 day). Note : 1 generation request = 1 day per 1 account per 1 user
Forecasting - Territory management
If your circuit shows films across multiple territories, you’ll be interested in the film territory enhancements added to Vista Head Office 5.0.6. These enhancements let you add a film territory to each of your film records. If you would like to use them, enable the Head Office system setting EnableFilmTerritory, assign each cinema to a territory and start adding them also on film level. If a film territory is blank, the film will be automatically associated to all cinemas.
How it works:
- In Forecasting, generate forecast only for cinemas part of the territory assigned to the film. Rest of the cinemas will not have a forecast or display a forecast.
- If no territory is assigned to a film, all cinemas will get a forecast by default.
- If after Forecast was generated, the film territory changes, you will view a notification on screen "This forecast is out of date. Film territory changed, generate an updated forecast".
- Forecast data will be further pushed to Vista Horizon data warehouse only for these cinemas.